The smartwatch has come a long way since its inception and is now a more commonplace accessory than ever.
As a parent of children, I know how stressful it can be to allow them to go off on their own, which is why I began the venture to find the best smartwatch for my 10-year-old with GPS features.
After spending countless hours researching and comparing reviews, I found my favorite smartwatches along with my top pick(s).
Ultimately, I found that the best smartwatch for my 10-year-old was the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G. The Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G smartwatch is not only modern and stylish, but comes with all of the features that any parent would want when it comes to keeping a close watch on their kids whenever they are playing with friends or spending time alone outdoors.
The Cosmo JrTrack 2 4 G includes so much more than a basic GPS system to help keep track of my child, which helps me to maintain my peace of mind even when we are apart.
While the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G is my all-time favorite smartwatch pick for a 10-year-old with GPS functionality, there are also a few other smartwatches that come close in terms of features, function, and, of course, budget.
The Apple Watch SE 2 and the 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker both have plenty to offer in terms of GPS functions and tracking for children of all ages.
If you’re in the market for a smartwatch that is not only functional but also suitable for kids aged 10, check out my preferred list below.
Table of Contents
Best Smartwatches for 10-Year-Olds With GPS Features
Below is a list of our top five favorite smartwatches on the market for children (including 10-year-olds) with GPS and navigational features.
Whether you are interested in keeping track of your child’s GPS coordinates or if you are seeking an additional method to communicate with your child whenever they are outside of the home, these smartwatches can come in handy just about anywhere.
Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G
For parents of children ages 4-12, the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G is my ultimate pick when it comes to GPS tracking and features that are designed with children and parents in mind.
The Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G not only includes a traditional GPS tracker, but a built-in Mission Control Guardian application, which provides parental features while also helping you to stay connected to your child at all times.
In addition to the standard GPS features that come with most smartwatches today, the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G also offers a premium COSMO data plan for parents and children, starting at $14.99 per month.
This COSMO data plan for the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G smartwatch is designed to store data, and tracking information, and allows 4G connectivity and wireless internet access for both parents and children alike.
Some of the most notable features of the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G that stand out to us include:
- Built-in wireless connection options: With the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G, take advantage of the COSMO data plan with built-in wireless interment access and connectivity wherever you go.
- Accuracy: The Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G uses a 3-point system including LBS, wireless internet, and satellites for its GPS tracking capabilities.
- Two-way calling: Make two-way calls with the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G smartwatch once you have registered for the COSMO data plan available.
- Trusted contacts: Add trusted contacts to your child’s smartwatch, which will permit them to answer or make calls to them if they are in need of help.
4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker
The 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker, designed by PTHTechUS, is designed for simplicity as well as accuracy.
The 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker smartwatch is water-resistant, includes alarms, and also provides educational entertainment for children to help them to learn while staying busy.
A few of the features of the 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker smartwatch include:
- Two-way calls: Make and receive calls with the 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker smartwatch. Add up to 3 trusted contacts that your child can call if there is an emergency.
- Do Not Disturb: If your child is in school, set up a Do Not Disturb setting on the watch to prevent distractions.
- Alarms: Use built-in alarms to keep track of time.
- Water-resistant: Enjoy water-resistant technology that allows your child to spend time swimming or outdoors without worry.
- 24-hour format: If you prefer to keep track using a 24-hour time-keeping method, you can do so with the 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker smartwatch.
The 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch and Phone Tracker is suitable for children ages 8 and up.
Apple Watch SE2
For those seeking the latest and most advanced technologies when it comes to smartwatches on the market, the Apple Watch SE2 delivers.
While the Apple Watch SE2 smartwatch was not originally designed with children in mind, it provides plenty of features that can help parents do just that.
Some features of the Apple Watch SE2 smartwatch that help it to stand out include:
- Apple smartphone technology: Similar to technology used in Apple iPhones today
- Family setup feature: Apple also includes a “Family” setup feature that can easily help you to track your children’s whereabouts with Apple’s GPS system using the Apple Watch SE2 smartwatch
- Accept and make calls: Allow your child the ability to make and receive calls wherever they are
- Games and entertainment: The Apple Watch SE2 also allows direct access to the Apple store for various games and entertainment
For parents of active children, the XPLORA 5X smartwatch stands out to me. Available in both pink and blue, the XPLORA X5 is suitable for both boys and girls (regardless of their preferences), and includes an exercise tracker and the ability to monitor one’s health while the watch is in use.
The XPLORA X5 features a built-in application, making it as easy as possible for parents to track and keep an eye on their children, regardless of their child’s current location.
Some of the features that help the XPLORA X5 smartwatch to stand out include:
- Built-in front camera: The XPLORA X5 is quite unique in that is includes its very own built-in front camera. The XPLORA X5 smartwatch camera is useful to keep in touch with your child or to verify their safety and location at any time.
- Waterproof: The XPLORA X5 smartwatch is optimal for water enthusiasts and athletes as it is built with a durable and waterproof screen.
- High-definition display: The XPLORA X5 smartwatch includes an HD 1.44″ display, making it easy to see text messages, incoming calls, and even games directly on the screen of the watch.
- Exercise apps: For students and children who are actively engaged in sporting activities, the XPLORA X5 includes built-in exercise trackers and monitors.
- School mode: Wearing a smartwatch at school is easier than ever with the School Mode feature that can be activated immediately with the XPLORA X5 smartwatch.
The XPLORA X5 smartwatch is ideal for children ages 5-12.
Whenever you are in the market for a brand new smartwatch and one that includes GPS functions and features, there are a few tips to keep in mind, including:
- Consider your needs and the needs of your child. Are you interested in simple GPS tracking, or are you interested in built-in data service plans as well?
- What is the budget you have available to invest in a new smartwatch? Do you have a limit? How many children in your household are in need of new smartwatches?
- When will you be using the GPS features of the smartwatch you purchase? Does your child often leave home, requiring additional features for their smartwatch?
- Does the smartwatch I am interested in require additions such as a SIM card or an ongoing data plan in order for me to utilize all of the promoted features?
For parents who are looking to save money on the new smartwatch they invest in for their 10-year-old, our favorite pick is the Cosmo JrTrack 2 4G.
For those who are looking for the very best pick available for children today without worrying about budget, our preferred and best smartwatch for 10 year old with GPS functions is the Apple Watch SE2.
Finding the perfect smartwatch for your 10-year-old can provide them with a sense of independence and growing up while also ensuring you are able to maintain your peace of mind for just a little while longer.
Once you have taken the time to research, compare, and review the smartwatches that are optimal for 10-year-olds with GPS features, you can choose a smartwatch that is right for you and your household. To find the smartwatch that is perfect for your family, learn more at SmartWatchLab.com today.